Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Favorite Era Layout - Harlem Renaissance


On Your Paper Pantry, the 2011 Travelogue Swap is well underway. The latest travelogue I received from Tamara was fantastic - the theme - Your Favorite Era. Only one problem ... I cringe when I have to go back into the past for a favorite era, for a couple of reasons ... but creatively, none of the paper companies seem to want to celebrate the fabulous vintage era of African Americans. I want to scream - WE SCRAP TOO YA KNOW!!! LOL




As much as I love Graphic 45 - it irks me that the selection is next to nil ... but you know what? ... there's this thing called GOOGLE!!LOL

I googled fabulous images and printed them out on vellum paper ... then dug into my stash for mainly black and white paper, charms and other pretties ... and I came up with my Harlem Renaissance lay out.



I found some wonderful charms from a company called Creative Charms ... and it was perfect. I also used some of the stick pins that I'd made last weekend.



The lesson? Don't let commercial unavailability stop you from creating. If you can't find it - make it!

~Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Suzy-Q21 Crafter said...

Very pretty! I love all the attention to details! You did an awesome job!