Sunday, January 2, 2011

My SHARE For 2011

I'm not big on resolutions. I'm not even big on making promises. I only make promises that I KNOW I can keep ... so passing out a promise for me is like passing out 100.00 bills. Very few and far between, LOL.

But ... I've been looking at all the blogs and all the "words" folks are choosing for themselves to focus on ... and while I'm not going to do that - I *am* going to start doing something that I feel I've gotten away from in past years.

Sharing.

I am not a very open person. I'm extremely reserved and quiet and I've been that way since I was a child.

When I joined the online world in 2000, I was hooked on the now defunct e-circles and yahoo boards for artists. I found a wealth of sharing and giving which helped me to learn so many different things about art. People shared their techniques, their pictures, their how-to's ... and for a time, it was a very close knit community (I still have friends that I cherish from those days).

I don't know when things began to change ... maybe it was the loss of some of the groups ... maybe it was the growing competitiveness among some of the artists that led to book deals, magazine submissions, product endorsements, etc ... but the "spirit" of some of the very groups I loved began to change ... and with it ... the sharing.

So ... I have decided that while I wont' be able to do this every day or even every week ... I *can* share at least one project, from start to finish ... and if it helps you in any way ... if it inspires you in any way ... then I've achieved my objective.

1 comment:

Sandra Caldwell said...

Thanks for sharing...love the work. Nice ! Good ideas as well !