Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012 Sketchbook Challenge: Playing With Watercolors

Well ... I am still doodling ... deciding to add a little watercolor. I dug out my Twinkling H2O's, and decided to play a little bit. Still don't have the hang of it ... painting with watercolors does not come naturally - not like painting with acrylics does.

I had to walk away from it ... let it dry fully ... and I must say I'm not TOO unhappy with the blending of the colors .. they are vibrant ..and the Luminares always have that sparkly shimmer. All in all ... I think with a lot more practice, I'll get the hang of it.


2 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

Cute! I have twinkling H2o paints also but never think to dig them out! I really enjoy working with watercolors and hope you do too! I was scared of them at first but that goes away pretty fast. haha Hope you're having a great 2012 so far, take care!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Darla!!...when I walked away from it and came back...I was pleased with the results ... guess it's a "control" thing!!LOL Happy New Year to you too!!...(((HUGS))