Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Crafting Marathon

My diningroom table was a mess this past weekend - filled with papers, paint, stencils, brushes...you name it - I had it and was trying to work it.

Though I am a decorative artist, I've really tried to stretch this year by trying different things, which in turn inspires my painting.

There is a Yahoo Group, Art For The Creative Mind, where its no holds barred swapping of mixed media, ATCs, cards...they have even swapped dominoes! While not everything appeals to me, I do try and do things that are out of my comfort zone ... and this weekend I managed to complete some things.

An ongoing Altered Journal Pages swap. Each person in a small group must complete 2 6x6 pages with a different theme. Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com


These page are almost done...need to add more elements. I had a ton of fun doing the background on this one. Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Also, there was another swap that was a Valentine's Theme postcard. I love doing the postcards...and here's my swap for that one:Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.comFree Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

This last little postcard isn't finished yet...but as you can see, I used the wrapper to the stamp book..LOLFree Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

ALl of these I incorporated things I already had. Manilla folders for the 6x6 pages, watered down acrylic paint in spray bottles, even the postage stamp book cover!

2 comments:

Tolegranny said...

thanks for promoting the group Keni. Your work is wonderful. I'm looking forward to my pages.

Anonymous said...

Great pages... thanks for sharing your blog!!
Barb E